Sunday, February 7, 2010

Powerful Sailboat How Powerful A Wind Turbine Do I Need To Recharge My Electric Boat?

How powerful a wind turbine do I need to recharge my electric boat? - powerful sailboat

I am building a catamaran electric two-seater, 21 feet long, about 8 knots, without candles, two DC motors. My goal in the range of about 20 miles before it needs recharging, and recharging of the device is a wind turbine. I saw the production of 100 to 400 watts when the marine species that are usually granted for ships, how long would it take to the turbine engines that power in my boat to replace Does anyone know? I'm hopeless with these things, but I love it.
Thank you very much!

1 comments:

Tom H said...

If you are a very efficient design to shoot, it makes sense OK. I did not take with me into the boat of the turbine. If I stop somewhere, and get in touch if you would arrive there, be more practical.

8 knots is too fast. 20 miles at 8 knots is approximately 2 hours duration. Two 1 / 2 horsepower motors working. Human-powered catamaran went much faster than 8 knots and a man is about 1 / 2 hp or 375 watts.

When the engines and propellers are efficient, then a total of 600 watts would be required, and two passengers.

Say, the turbine produces 200 watts. He should be charged for about 6 hours.

I participated in a yield of 100% in all. The actual performance gains are very high, with a good team, but not 100%, Figure 7 or 8 hours to recharge.

Post a Comment